Deck Slideshow Presentations offers a new way to create presentations – one that does not require you to have any design skills whatsoever. Just give them the text for your presentation, choose a presentation theme, and they do the rest. The presentations are made into stunning, multimedia presentations that make you look great.
- Download and open the app.
- When you enter you’ll see a Sample Deck that you can view to get an idea of what type of presentations this app can create. When you’re reading to create your own, click the + button on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- After you hit the + button, you’ll then need to provide Deck with your content. Give the item a title. Give additional points. Give it an ending.
- If you need to add more content, just click on the + button.
- When you’re finished, click on the paintbrush icon to choose a theme.
- Then click the Present button to see your beautiful presentation.
- To save the presentation, click on the save icon that looks like a floppy disk.
Here are some screenshots to get you started.
When you enter the app you’ll see a Sample Deck, but to create your own, just click the + button at the top of the screen, as seen here (click to make it larger):
When you’re adding content, you need to change up the text, but you can also add images, charts, diagrams, or tables. Here’s a screenshot showing the page where you add this information (click to make it larger):
If you need to add more content (they only start you off with a title page, three content pages, and a final page), you can click the + button for more content pages. This screenshot shows this as well as what some of the other icons do (click to make it larger):
When you’re all done adding your content, you then need to choose your theme. Just click the paintbrush icon at the top of the screen (click to make it larger):
You only have a certain amount of themes to choose from without paying. When you click the paintbrush icon you’ll see all the different themes, but the ones that are free are the first few, as seen here (click to make it larger):
After you’ve chosen your theme, then click on the Present button to view your creation. Then make sure to save your creation by clicking on the Save icon (floppy disk), and you can also Export your creation, too, as is seen here (click to make them larger):
For more information on Deck, watch this video – Introduction to Deck Slideshow Presentations:
Libraries & Deck
We haven’t seen libraries using Deck yet, at least we couldn’t find any examples, but we challenge you to try it for a presentation. Make a tutorial about how to do something. Use it for a short conference presentation. Make a fun slideshow of a library event. We’d love to see what you create.