Magisto automatically turns your video clips and photos into edited movies, complete with your choice of music, cool graphics, and effects, in just a matter of minutes. You can use as little as 5 photos to make videos, but can only include 10 with a free Magisto account. With a free account you can also upload up to 45 seconds of video.
- Download and open the app and either create an account with Magisto or click the Explore as Guest link.
- You’ll then be asked to create a video by either selecting footage or shooting video.
- If you select footage from your camera roll, you have to at least select 5 photos. If you only select photos, the app will recommend you add at least 45 seconds of video, but you don’t have to.
- Then choose the editing style.
- Then choose the soundtrack with the provided music or choose from your own music.
- Then enter your movie title and click the Make My Movie button.
Here are some screenshots to get you started.
When you enter the app you’ll be asked to create a video by either uploading your materials or taking a video, as you can see here (click to make it larger):
Shoot your video or add footage from your photos. You have to add at least 5 photos, and if you only add photos the app may suggest you add at least 45 seconds of video. You do not have to do this, so add as much as you want.
Then you’ll be prompted to choose an editing style, as you can see here (click to make it larger):
And then you’ll choose a soundtrack by either selecting their music or getting music from your own songs, as you can see here (click to make it larger):
Then you give your creation a title and click the Make My Movie button, as shown here (click to make it larger):
When your video is created, open it up and click on the share icon to see all the ways you can share it. This screenshot shows all the options (click to make it larger):
For more information on using Magisto, you may want to watch this video – Magisto Android App Review (you may want to jump to minute 1:50 where he dives into the app):