Audioboo is a very simple application where one can record up to three minutes of audio. Recordings (called “Boos” in Audioboo) can be shared via Audioboo, Facebook, Twitter, and more, and you can also find and follow other people within the app.
- Download and open the app and you may get prompted to record your first Boo (what they call recordings in Audioboo).
- If you’re not prompted to record, you want to click on the Record button.
- A screen or box will pop up and you need to click the Record button one more time for it to start recording.
- You’ll see a 3 minute countdown as you’re recording because you’re only allowed to record up to 3 minutes.
- You can pause the recording, but you cannot edit it, so make sure to plan ahead.
- When you’re finished you can choose to publish
Here are some screenshots to help get you started.
When you enter Audioboo you may be prompted to record your first Boo. If you are not asked this, then you want to click on the Record button. When you go to record a screen or box will pop up where you need to click the Record button, as you can see in these screenshots (click to make them larger):
When you click the Publish button after you finish your recording, you’ll be prompted to log in to save it. When you log in, your recordings will be stored under the My Boos section of Audioboo. Here are a couple screenshots showing the Audioboo homepage and what these icons all are (click to make them larger):
To share a Boo you have recorded, go to your My Boos page and then open the Boo you want to share. After you open it, you then have options on how to share it, as you can see in these screenshots (click to make them larger):
For more information on Audioboo, you may want to watch this video. This video is a couple years old and the look of Audioboo has changed, but all the functionality is still there and this gives you a good idea of other things you can do with Audioboo – Audioboo an Introduction:
Libraries & Audioboo
We have seen many uses of Audioboo in libraries and classrooms. Since it only allows a 3-minute recording, it’s a fabulous tool to use to do interviews, make short reports, make short “radio” broadcasts, etc. Here are some websites showing ways Audioboo has been used in libraries and classrooms that might spark an idea for you: