Another wine app you may be interested in is Cor.kz Wine Info. Judged to be one of 50 best for the iPhone, Cor.kz is an inexpensive app ($1.99) that searches over a million wines either by name or barcode. Tied to free web service, Cellar Tracker, as well as Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare. The Android version of the app even offers side-by-side comparisons.
- The opening screen, after downloading, shares information on a new varietal offered at a discounted price and a browse tab. (See screenshot below.)
- Click Browse Wines. Check a country of your choice and note the region(s) and wines offered
- Review Top Regions for the best wine offerings from around the world
- Click My Cellar and configure your home selection. You may use an existing account or set up a free account.
- Scan in a label from your own wine selection.
- Click Pedia for wine terms, wine varietals, and wine regions.
Step 1 screenshot (click to make it larger):
Step 6 screenshots (click to make them larger):
For a review of the Cor.kz app, Leo Laporte and Sarah Lane, hosts of iPad Today, reviewed Cor.kz on episode 137, on February 21, 2013 (jump to minute 4:25 where they dive into the app):
For a free alternative to Cor.kz try Vivino Wine Scanner for something similar but without the Cellar Tracker feature.