Dragon Dictation: Apple only
Dragon is a simple speech-to-text app where you can speak your notes and Dragon will type them out for you. You can also edit the notes with a keyboard afterwards, because it doesn’t always hear you correctly. Notes can be sent to email, Facebook, or Twitter directly from the app.
- Open the app and click on the red button.
- To make a new note, click the + button.
- Then tap in the center of the screen and start speaking. Don’t forget: tell Dragon to punctuate. If you want to include punctuation, you have to say “period” or “comma” or “exclamation point” or “hyphen” where you want to include them.
- When you’re done dictating, tap the center of the screen.
- You can edit your text when you’re done, just click on the small keyboard icon on the bottom of the screen.
Here are some screenshots to get you started.
These screenshots show how to take a new note (click to make them larger):
After you have finished speaking your note, then you will see the text of it. You can edit the text with the keyboard at the bottom of the page, or you can share the text using the share icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen, as seen here (click to make it larger):
For more information about Dragon, watch this video – Getting started tips on Dragon Dictation: